Saturday, November 10, 2007

when loveys go bad

Before anyone thinks that it was cruel of me to chop up my daughter's lovey blanket ... this is what it looked like before the "alteration".


The four corners were so chewed on, that despite my best efforts of washing and scrubbing frequently, they turned black.


BLACK.

Because I didn't want to add penicillin to my baby's vitamin protocol every morning, I cut off the mildewed corners and have continued to "trim" little pieces off the mother ship that she now carries around.

We have lots of little "deety's" floating about and I don't have to worry about increased exposure to toxigenic fungi. This is but a small sampling of the good things I do as a mother.

I'm still working on my ability at hair styling.

3 comments:

  1. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! You should have sent a sampling in to the National Institute Of Health to find out what could possibly make it turn BLACK! EWWWWWWWWW!!!! My kids have 3 blankets each. That's nine blankets just like Tammie's trio have. NINE! It's ridiculous. Mine aren't even cut up so it's an entire load of laundry to wash their blankets, which must be washed at secret intervals, in between nap and bedtime.

    I can't believe your kids were at the Y for 5 minutes and are already sick. I think the kids at the Y lick everything or something, because mine were there for 5 minutes over the summer and got Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease in ours. It's gonna be a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have several blankets that are easily interchangeable in our house...thankfully! Or else, I'm sure ours would look like yours.

    ReplyDelete