Thursday, November 22, 2007

tryptophan trip

I'd love to write something insightful and creative tonight. I wish I had the energy to wax poetic about all the incredible things I am thankful for in my life ... my family, my friends, my health, my home. And, of course - the Red Sox winning the World Series.

But after a full day of this...


And this...


And this...


And this...


And this...


And this...


And this...


I am especially thankful for a clean kitchen, neighbors that we shared the day with, a refrigerator packed full of left-overs, children that are in a food coma and sleeping soundly, our beautiful baby boy that fell asleep as soon as he smelled turkey and a comfy bed that I will be in, within the next 30 3 minutes.


I am also thankful that not one iota of my being, feels the least bit inspired to wake up at 4 AM and hit the stores with the Christmas shopping masses, tomorrow. Instead, we will have a leisurely day at home, eating leftovers, putting up festive decorations and eating leftovers.

And then, we'll eat some leftovers.

8 comments:

  1. Oh the baby. So adorable. I love it.

    Happy Left-Over-Deck-the-Halls-No-Shopping Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - no wonder you're worn out! That looks like some serious cooking!

    Enjoy your day of leftovers and decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry looks positively edible in that photo! What a little sweetie!

    I am not heading to the malls either. I'm taking the kids hiking today when it won't be crowded! Greg, on the other hand, was up and out at 3am at Best Buy. He's NUTS!

    I'm packing big old turkey sandwiches for a picnic! Is it cool to have stuffing in your backpack? :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Jen! No shopping at 4 am for me either. The girls and I just enjoyed our first turkey sandwich...YUM. Looks like your kiddos had a great time preparing the meal yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henry is getting so big! His hair has grown SO much...love it!

    Yeah, 4am...are you people serious?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting UP at 4am? Oh no no no, you have to be in LINE at 4am. LOL. It was a blast and I am completely done shopping. Done. Whoo hooo!

    Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoyed your relaxing tryptophan trippin' day off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Henry sucking his thumb? The dinner looks wonderful and the children so happy to be helping with the cooking. Great Job!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the coming years, think of all the help you'll have cooking. Thanksgiving dinner, in 7 or 8 years, might be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete