Did I mention we were PUSHING at least 80 pounds worth of children in strollers?
And it was blazing HOT?
And there were HUGE hills?!
I'll write about our "long run" more on Wednesday when I wake up from this exercise-induced coma I can feel myself slipping in to.
Tonight, I need to quickly hammer out this post to let the world know that:
1) We made it home alive from our "long" run.
2) A search and rescue party is not necessary.
3) To select the winner of a one-year subscription to Netflix, I plugged all of the entries in to Random.Org and it chugged out number 8. So the winner of our Netflix raffle is Tamara! Congratulations Tamara - happy movie watching!! And thank you to everyone who entered this contest and donated to pediatric cancer research via The Tuesday Fiona Whitt Foundation.
4) Speaking of Netflix ... we received our first Netflix movie this afternoon. My husband rented "Who Killed The Electric Car." When I opened the packet and saw the movie I thought it was an error. It had to be a mistake. Because seriously? A documentary about electric cars?! After a 20-mile run?? Are we at home on a Saturday night - or is it substitute teacher day in Physics?
I'm sorry, but seeing as it is Saturday night, that counts as TWO strikes. One more and you lose your Netflix Queue Master position.
5) We're eating for pizza for dinner because we eat pizza at least one night a week. Especially on those nights we're too tired to lift a pot on to the stove.
Shown in the photograph below is our toddler son, Henry, demonstrating how we like to eat pizza at our house. Have you never enjoyed your pizza this way?
Well, you really should. It adds a whole 'nuther dimension to the pizza eating experience.
These photos were taken last weekend before Henry's
And yes, I'm sure I cut his hair. When I spoke to my cousin, Margaret yesterday, she thought for sure someone else had done it. Rest assured it was indeed me with the scissors that "DID THAT TO THE POOR BABY!" not one of our preschool children who probably would have done a much better job.
Thanks Maggie. Kisses.