Wednesday, January 30, 2008

he knows me too well

This morning, Charlie got up with the children and let me have a few more minutes of heavenly shut eye. While I was starting to doze off and could feel myself slip in to that floaty peaceful place, I heard little footsteps come running down the hall and a small fist banging on our closed bedroom door.

"Mommy! Mommy! Are you in there?!"

"Mommy! It's not the big bad wolf ... it's me, WILLIAM!!"

I remained quiet, hopeful that if I didn't make a noise, he would be distracted and run away. But instead he continued to knock. When after a few minutes I didn't get up and open the door he dug deep in to his three-year-old lexicon and said "Mommy ... I have CAKE!"

10 comments:

  1. The big question is: did it work?


    Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's not the big bad wolf, and he has cake. Who couldn't love a littel boy like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cute! What he should've said Joe-Joe's or Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream if he really wanted you out of bed! It's funny that William said cake, as Shayna and I were baking Mark's BDay cake at 7:30 this morning...
    I heart cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Sounds like he has the key to his mamma's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, that William.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading a week of Blogs and love the pictures of these little angles. Gosh they are cute--and Mom, I have Cake? How smart is that? Hope to talk to you soon.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think William was PROMPTED!
    No 3 year old understands the intracacies (<~~ spell checked in word still looks spelled wrong) that we adults understand to lure someone from a cozy bed for cake. I would look for the guilty party and take THEIR cake!
    Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - that made my afternoon!

    ReplyDelete