Monday, December 31, 2007

auld lang syne

2007 a year in review...

What an amazing and wonderful time this past year has been...
There were some highs and some lows and nary a splash of gin.

Although I certainly can dream...
For a super-sized can of whipped cream.

We rearranged furniture and did a minor remodel of the house...
We visited the zoo, took ballet, gymnastics, and used our toilet to trap a mouse.

There were weekly triplet play dates, painting and sketchy potty training...
Broken appliances and an out of control wild fire because there ain't enough raining.

Most importantly we welcomed our beautiful and perfect baby boy...
Henry David has brought us many sleepless nights but an infinite amount of joy.

Noni and Jimbo flew to California to offer a helping hand...
Without their assistance we wouldn’t have one leg on which to stand.

We celebrated 13 years of marital bliss…
We spent time with lots of family including Susan, Charlie's sis.

With four small children we have been praying daily to a Higher Power...
It's because of our faith that we are able to get dressed and some days, even take a shower.

Despite the craziness, we count our blessings daily and thank the good Lord above…
For bringing four children in to our home that is overflowing with love.

As this year comes to a close, I wish every one of you reading this much cheer...
Thanks for dropping by have a healthy, happy and safe New Year!

20 comments:

  1. happy new year to you all!
    michela

    http://babyccinoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. I have nejoyed reading about your daily life in 2007. I hope 2008 brings many good things- maybe a new house or a move? Health and happiness and a great ability to look on the bright side of life.
    Rebecca D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ... I read a few of the year in review posts ... hilarious. I am so glad I have only twins.
    I hope your 2008 is blessed and prosperous and that it is everything you want it to be!
    I thank the good Lord too for my IVF blessings. Ain't life grand with multiples !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute - and very creative!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a delightful year of reading! I swooned at the baby and toddler pictures, laughed at the interactions with difficult strangers, and cheered when Enviro-mom donned her cape. Wishing you a happy, healthy, and adventurous 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Jen!
    I count blogging as one of the greatest things I started in 2007...I LOVE it. I really enjoy reading yours as well. Your kids are adorable and you, well, you just CRACK ME UP! Hope all is well on the first day of the new year for you and your clan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! We look forward to 2008 with the knowledge that you will never be out fun, laughter and love (not to mention a little craziness) in the coming year. Our best to you all!

    Love,
    Betsy, Gator & Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for creating this blog for us to enjoy throughout the year. Happy New Year!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post - how fun to reminisce!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful recap--and it rhymed, too! Hope 2008 is as good to you as 2007 was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2008!

    I've just found your blog in the last month (from the link you posted on Dadcentric to the triplets' excellent picture with Santa), and I've really enjoy it! I look forward to reading your funny, witty and insightful writing in the year to come. Thanks for putting yourself out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Jen, Charlie and the Peeps. It's been wonderful getting to know you and I look forward to many more blog delights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen!
    Happy New Year to you! I'm a pretty new reader to your blog & have a question. Hopefully it's an easy one & I'm just dumb & can't figure it out!

    I have a blog on blogspot as well & would like to link to my older posts in new posts like you did w/ your recap but I can't figure out how. When I look for an old post, it brings up the whole month, how do you link to a previous individual entry?? I sure hope that made sense!

    Thanks!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 2008! You certainly can't say 2007 was a dull year huh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a roller coaster year! You are very creative TOO! I was laughing about your Monopoly post while I watched my husband having absolutely NO MERCY on our nephew while boxing him on a Wii. Those men are nuts! Our kids are going to be tought, I tell you!

    Happy New YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New year Jen Family. You have some mad poetry skilz!!!! Can't wait for 2008!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy new year to you and if you need us to help if you hear the patter of little feet---we are available. Love to do it.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you and your amazing, beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was a little worried w/the christmas note -- short but sweet.

    Glad to know you still got the poetic child within... Personally my favorite.

    Such talent; cartwheels and all. (which you forgot to mention) Happy new year to you guys as well. Marg

    ReplyDelete