Thanks for asking.
I'm sure my cheeriness had everything to do with the fact that Charlie was home playing with the children in the backyard and nothing to do with the fact that I found my car keys in a box of cereal.
Since I didn't post a favorite thing Friday last week, skipped over a weigh-in Wednesday this week, and have been silent on the bust-a-move playlist that I promised three weeks ago, I'm taking things to a whole new level, today.
First. I'm going to confess that I haven't done ANYTHING in the past week to prepare for the triathlon that we are scheduled to participate in next Sunday. Nothing except pack my bathing suit and think about going for a swim in the hotel pool. And nothing except look at my running shoes once and think wow, I should really get out and go for a jog. Thank goodness this triathlon is "only" a sprint distance. I suspect it will take me at least three hours and I'll be one of the last people to finish.
But, so what?!
If I cross the finish line without being strapped to a stretcher, I will consider my participation to be an overwhelming success. Although, if I am unable to walk for a week, I might not consider my success to be quite so overwhelming...
Second. A few weeks ago, Charlie and I sat down with a bottle of wine and went through our iTunes library and created a workout playlist that we thought was most awesome. Well, I thought the whole thing was awesome, but Charlie rolled his eyes when I insisted on having "It's Raining Men" on my playlist.
He wasn't nuts over Copacabana, either. But I have a long history with that song, that dates back to a puppet named Lola that I made when I was five years old. She had yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to ... there.
We had planned to go back and whittle the list down because once we finished our preliminary selection, we had 70-plus songs that constituted 350 mb of space and we never thought that we could fit those on a CD.
We were looking at our CD's and were tickled to see that they hold 700 mb worth of data and we could have actually had TWICE as many songs as what we had selected. Including, if Charlie had not successfully talked me out of it, the entire Grease soundtrack. It was cause for great celebration and I declared that I was going to make a CD for everyone that left me a comment and I was going to send them out with the hope that people would sweat, sweat, sweat on the road to fitness.
I was thinking about copyright infringement and how music cannot be copied and distributed en masse. And since I'm working on having a clean conscience, this would really muddy things up.
I'm going to list here, all the songs and artists that were on my bust-a-move playlist. It's rather lengthy, and eclectic, so consider yourself forewarned.
- Dancing Queen / ABBA
- Forever Young / Alphaville
- Love Shack / The B-52's
- Takin' Care of Business / Bachman Turner Overdrive
- Copacabana / Barry Manilow
- Stayin' Alive / Bee Gees
- Uptown Girl / Billy Joel
- Hard to Handle / Black Crowes
- No Rain / Blind Melon
- Call Me / Blondie
- Don't Fear the Reaper / Blue Oyster Cult
- Run Around / Blues Traveler
- Hook / Blues Traveler
- Travelin' Man / Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
- More Than A Feeling / Boston
- Just What I Needed / The Cars
- I Want You To Want Me / Cheap Trick
- Viva La Vida / Coldplay
- Deee Lite Theme / Deee Lite
- Groove Is In The Heart / Deee Lite
- Last Dance / Donna Summer
- Mr. Blue Sky / Electric Light Orchestra
- Ranking Full Stop / The English Beat
- Don't Stop / Fleetwood Mac
- Juke Box Hero / Foreigner
- Grease / Frankie Valli
- Illegal Alien / Genesis
- My Sweet Lord / George Harrison
- Sweet Escape / Gwen Steffani
- Crazy on You / Heart
- Only Wanna Be With You / Hootie and the Blowfish
- Closer to Fine / Indigo Girls
- Here Comes the Hotstepper / Ini Kamoze
- Flashdance / Irene Cara
- Been Caught Stealing / Jane's Addiction
- I Got A Name / Jim Croce
- Volcano / Jimmy Buffett
- Don't Stop Believin' / Journey
- I'm Gonna Catch You / Laurie Berkner
- Fool in the Rain / Led Zeppelin
- Bat out of Hell / Meatloaf
- Backwater / Meat Puppets
- Everywhere / Michelle Branch
- Sweet Caroline / Neil Diamond
- Growing Old / Origin
- Set Sails Free / Origin
- Me & Julio / Paul Simon
- Kodachrome / Paul Simon
- Shaking the Tree / Peter Gabriel
- I'm Gonna Be / The Proclaimers
- We Will Rock You / Queen
- We Are the Champions / Queen
- It's The End of The World / R.E.M.
- Time for Me to Fly / REO Speedwagon
- 3 Strange Days / School of Fish
- Soak up the Sun / Sheryl Crow
- Two Princes / Spin Doctors
- Tempted / Squeeze
- What I Got / Sublime
- Fly / Sugar Ray
- One / U2
- In God's Country / U2
- Bittersweet Symphony / The Verve
- Macho Man / The Village People
- Blister in The Sun / Violent Femmes
- It's Raining Men / The Weather Girls
- Pinball Wizard / The Who
- What's Up / 4-Non Blondes
- These Are Days / 10,000 Maniacs
- Calypso / John Denver (cool down)
- Watching the Wheels / John Lennon & Yoko Ono (cool down)
Third. Because of this conscience of mine and the inability to send out a CD to everyone who left me a comment, instead, I'm going to offer up a new contest. The winner will receive a new Product Red iPod shuffle, which happens to be the object of my affection, this Favorite Thing Friday.
On all Product Red purchases, a portion of the proceeds goes to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa, so I feel doubly good about giving one of these away.
Charlie bought me an iPod shuffle for our anniversary last week and in the whole five minutes that I've been able to pry it away from him and wear it, I absolutely LOVE this little thing. It's very light weight and clips to your clothing. You can wear it during workouts, or - when you are tip toeing around the house during nap time. It holds 1 GB of music, or approximately 240 songs.
Here are the rules.
You have until next Saturday at midnight to leave me a comment on THIS post telling me how you are doing towards the physical health goal that you have established for yourself. I will select a winner on Sunday (8/24) after I finish my very first triathlon. My mom will be here by then, so I'll ask for her to select the winner which I'll then post on Sunday night.
Provided of course, I survive the race.