Saturday, May 05, 2007

Who Needs The Gym?

Our children are getting to be so much fun.

They're really evolving in to the most awesome little people. The past couple of weeks, I have been convinced that I'd like to keep them at this age forever. Which is a good thing, because last month, I was prepared to give all three of them away.

Free - to a good home.


Every night before bed, we've been playing music from The Laurie Berkner Band and the kids go absolutely nuts when they hear their favorite song "I'm Gonna Catch You." They'll stop what ever it is they are doing and take off running around the center island in our kitchen.

And around.

And around.

And around.

This is some video footage I shot, yesterday. After watching the clip, I can't decide who is having a better time ... Charlie or the kids?

I think that it's extremely impressive that Elizabeth stops running - grabs bunny - and then proceeds to suck her thumb, while running, for the next 2 minutes. (Although she does flip him to the side at one point when she needs to focus on her stride.)

I also think it's extremely impressive that Charlie, after ripping his pocket clean off his shorts, doesn't stop.

This might be considered very good training for the next marathon Charlie plans to run.

As for me, I'm burning calories just watching them.

From my vantage point on the couch.

Where I sit with a chocolate chip cookie that I had to quickly hide from Gracie.


18 comments:

  1. they have a lot of energy, all four of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Makes me want to go right back to bed this morning to rest. But adorable! So cute in their matching jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Laurie Berkner! I don't listen to her much as I don't have any children but I do love her and have to get my fixes while babysitting for my friends kids. Charlie and the trio is indeed adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are adorable. You are so blessed. Though I'm sure you already know that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew... I'm exhausted! Thanks for my Saturday morning workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO "Did you just rip your pants?"

    Ahhhh, I think I'm gonna go take a nap now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blanket in the mouth. It's sort of like a reverse cape.

    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious....loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God, I feel dizzy after watching that. Okay, where are all the toys? Your house is freakishly clean and I DON'T LIKE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was awesome. I love how William ran into the chair and never stopped...
    I agree with you, this might well be the best age ever. I love spending time with my daughter these days. It's just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My entire family has watched this and we laughed... the fact that Charlie catches his shorts on the drawer and doesn't stop to push the drawer in, just waits til next time by had me laughing out loud. By the end, everyone here was singing I'm gonna get you..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any excuse to lounge on the couch and eat cookies (believe me, if I were pregnant, that is ALL I'd be doing!) but I still managed to polish off a whole package of Milanos this afternoon! Yikes!

    Mind if I borrow your kids so I can burn some calories!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Sweet and hilarious at the same time! LOL!
    Linda (Chicago)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is just too cute!!!! I love it!
    Kristi
    mom of 10mo BGG triplets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darn I cannot pull up the video---what am I doing wrong?
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember this post from before I had kids. I filed it away (mentally) for future reference, b/c I wanted to remember this band when I had kids. My now 2-year-old has just discovered the Laurie Berkner band this past week. (He calls her "Orry Burger", LOL). Every day he asks for "Catch You Run!" Thanks for sharing the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Allison, that's awesome - I'm so glad your little one enjoys Laurie Berkner!

    We STILL listen to her and the kids STILL go crazy when they hear, "I'm gonna catch you, you better run...!"

    Although, our favorite song at the moment is "We are the Dinosaurs."

    Marching. Marching...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, yes! That is a great one! That's my hubby's personal favorite, LOL. I like the song about "the Goldfish" the best. The songs sure do get stuck in your head, though!

    ReplyDelete