Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

I've received several e-mails from people, and a few phone calls, wondering what prompted a triple time out on Monday.

Here's a photo sequence. Be sure to notice who is in the background, observing every move his sister makes. Not shown in this photo is another little monkey, standing behind me.

Also, observing every move her sister makes...

Thanks to Elizabeth, all three of them have learned this trick, hence prompting the triple time out. Once I got everyone dressed for the day, I went to drop off a load of laundry 15 feet away. When I came back, they were perched on the counter smiling and yelling "CHEEEESE!!!"

I then proceeded to pluck them off the counter no less than four times over the next hour. In hindsight, I was surely sending a mixed signal when I pulled out my camera to take a picture of Elizabeth, the first time she tried this, all the while telling her "There is absolutely NO climbing on the counters to turn the garbage disposal on!!"

And I wonder.

What happened to my 3-pound preemies?

6 comments:

  1. Yikes!
    Have the other two tried it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way to take off the knobs?
    It's really amazing to see how they learn from each other... they are like an unstoppable force!
    I think you might have to resort to permanently wearing the new baby... who knows what those three cuties will do with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are going to have little rock climbers on your hands. Bless your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- Mine have NEVER climbed on the counter before! HA! They've conspired to pull a ladder up and climbed the six foot block wall, but they've never climbed on the counter. I'm thinking you need to get rid of the knives and vitamins STAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found there is a very thin line between encouraging my kids' naughtiness by blogging (i.e., photographing) it, and coping with it by blogging it. :)

    They are resourceful. And too cute. The triple time-out - whew! I knew you needed three high chairs, three carseats, three cribs, etc., but I had simply never considered the necessity of three corners! :) Maybe you could just get three of those folding wall-mounted seats with harnesses that hang in public family restrooms and use them for time out. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God help me....they just keep finding new ways to make your heart stop huh?

    ReplyDelete