Thursday, May 08, 2014

do you like butter?

In the background ... a lacrosse match.

photo

In the foreground ... my sweet Little Bit. Also known as Little Beth, Bee-Bay, Liz, and Loki. Yes, the same "Loki" from Thor because of the unbelievable chaos that she can intentionally bring to situations. Particularly situations involving her younger brother.  

photo

But then she lovingly offers me a fresh bouquet of color, and curls up on my lap, and whatever latent frustrations I might have been carrying around are instantly erased, like someone gave the Etch A Sketch of my memory banks a good hard shake. It's really amazing the effect children can have on us and our at times, extremely fragile grasp of sanity.  I don't know how they do it.

photo

But I do know that she means the world to me.

And I unequivocally love her more than butter.