Saturday, December 12, 2009

the christmas card assembly line

For the first time since they've joined our family, the children are helping us to assemble our Christmas cards this year. So if you are on our Christmas card distribution list and you receive a card where the return address label is three quarters of the way down on the envelope, and perhaps turned upside down, just keep in mind that our five-year-old helpers assisted in the assembly process.

DSC_0003

Please don't jump to the assumption that Charlie and I are recklessly slugging back egg nog while we are sending out our joyful Christmas greetings. (Although a little egg nog does certainly help to relax the OCD when you have five-year-olds assisting in the assembly process.)

6 comments:

  1. Very cute. It's nice you have so many helpers. They are beautiful children.
    I'm so down right now I wish I had your Christmas spirit. Sometimes life is good for some and not so good for others. It will get better though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask Charlie why an apron is needed for addressing Christmas cards? Or is it just part of the whole ambiance of it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqui > Actually Charlie was in the midst of making Christmas cookies between helping to label cards.

    He's a multitasking extraordinaire!

    AND, the apron certainly does add to the ambiance. Doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea... I have a 5 year old helper of my own... seems nothing is done corectly around the house without his help these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of many cuzzins!12/13/09, 12:44 PM

    I hope I get one with the label upside down!! It's great to have helpers. You know what our mother's always said, "many hands make light work"...especially when Santa's watching! Looks like everyone's getting along and having fun.

    Merry Christmas!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nonis20@Bellsouth.net12/13/09, 1:36 PM

    I am so glad that the trips are helping with the cards. William looks like he is reading and Gracie has a firm grasp on her amazing Dad---looks like a happy scene to me. Who cares where the return address is--I will be happy to get a card.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete