Friday, November 15, 2013

how do I say ...?

Tomorrow, after I run a 5K race with my children as a fundraiser for their elementary school, I'm boarding a plane and flying - for the first time in my life - to Europe.

DSC_0294

Rome, Italy to be exact.

My flight departs at 5:00 PM and arrives at 7:45 AM., local time.  I'll have the luxury of sleeping on the plane, because apparently, one can do that in Business Class. I don't know. I've never flown Business Class before and because tomorrow is my first time flying at the front of the plane (or nearly front) I'm afraid I might be tempted to stay awake the whole time and sip the complimentary champagne.

DSC_0295

But alas! I cannot! I have requested tickets to attend the Papal Mass at the Vatican on Sunday morning. So hopefully, I will be able to get some sleep on that flight, or my first time seeing our Holy Excellency, Pope Francis, the bags beneath my eyes may rival my luggage bags.

DSC_0296

I have every intention of visiting all the high points within Rome on Sunday.

On Monday, I'll be in meetings.

On Tuesday, I'm flying north to Milan, Italy where I'll spend the next three days.

DSC_0293

On Friday, I fly home.

This trip to Europe has me jittery. I'm so excited to experience it, and not unsurprisingly, I'm equally nervous to fly across the Atlantic Ocean.  And tonight, when I was clicking through various channels as I was packing my suitcase, and stumbled upon the movie, "Taken" I started developing an emergency response strategy should I be kidnapped by Albanians.  Part of that strategy involves sending a friend request to Liam Neeson on Facebook.

When I return, I'll be posting about my trip across the "pond."

I'll also be posting about our recent trip to Colonial Williamsburg.

DSC_0390

The children really enjoyed it.

DSC_0415

Can you tell?