Sunday, February 14, 2010

our valentine's day message

Last night, Charlie and I popped open a very nice bottle of wine one of my consultants gave to me, last year for my birthday. And since my birthday is coming up again in just a couple months, we wondered what were we waiting for? Since this weekend marks the 16-year anniversary my husband proposed to me, we decided that last night was as good of time as any to drink a nice bottle of wine.

Now that introductory paragraph about us drinking a really nice bottle of wine is important. Because as we were drinking that nice bottle of wine and talking about events in the world - and watching the Olympics - and reflecting on our experience as parents and what exactly we want to impress upon our children in our lifetimes ... we, or rather, I, came up with the following Valentine's Day idea. And as I'm typing out the lyrics and printing them on multi-colored paper, I had tears in my eyes. Because how beautiful!

But today, I'm thinking this very well might be one of the corniest things I've ever done. Still, I love this song. And I'm an environmentalist and don't want to waste resources. I think the lyrics are actually "better" and not "brighter" but hopefully, you still get the message.

So to you and you and you: Happy Valentine's Day!!

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0049

DSC_0050

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0049

DSC_0051


DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0049

DSC_0053

DSC_0054

DSC_0055

DSC_0056

DSC_0057

DSC_0059

DSC_0061

DSC_0075

DSC_0062


DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0076

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0064

DSC_0066

DSC_0067

DSC_0068

DSC_0047

DSC_0055

DSC_0056

DSC_0069

DSC_0073

On this Valentine's Day...

DSC_0071

Please send some love...

DSC_0070

To the people of Haiti.

DSC_0072

If you haven't yet left a comment on THIS post, there's still time!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

15 comments:

  1. Precious! Precious! Precious! ...and just as lovely as can be!

    ~Mad(elyn) in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew. I was starting to worry that you were going to go for the second verse.

    XOXO AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE and creative!!!!! Happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family as well. Loved your post, what a clever idea. And I must say your children were very cooperative and patient to participate.
    My favorite picture is the one where Henry has the heart upside down - too cute.

    Lorraine
    Carolyn's Boards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous!

    Happy Valentine's day to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed you could get your kids to do that, I tried to get Chase to hold a sign for a single picture one time and it took like 20 shots to get a half way decent one. Going to comment on the other post now! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so precious!

    Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post, I love it. Just the perfect message to tell the whole world about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so corny... but that's why I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made this day Brighter for a lot of people, Thank You!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever post -- I've always loved that song and seeing the beautiful smiles on your kids' faces while sharing the message was great. Henry with his upside-down heart was the best : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. This may in fact be THE best blog post I have ever seen anywhere!! :-) Your kids are just TOO cute!

    Happy Valentine's Day from London. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHMYGOSH, I am cracking up. What could you do with TWO bottles of wine, pray tell? I have left TWO comments now. You better count me twice, gosh darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is probably the cutest Valentine's Day message I've seen. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete