Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day - 2007

"The world is blessed most by men who do things, and not by those who merely talk about them." - James Oliver

This quote struck me, not just because the names James and Oliver are on our list, but because I am so blessed that the father of my children is a man who does things. As our children grow older, I pray that they will see in their dad, what I see in my husband. Here are some of the first things that come to mind:

My husband is a man who made the decision to put his family above all else ...

A man who side-lined his career so that he could take part in raising our children ...

A man who has taken off the past month from work so that he could be with our toddlers, full-time, while I incubate our fourth ...

A man who respects his heritage and enjoys traditions ...

A man who loves and respects my mother - which is one of the greatest gifts he could give to me ...

A man who cooks and cleans and runs and swims and bikes and changes diapers and rubs my swollen feet and plays guitar. And can fix a broken toilet ...

A man who makes me laugh more than anyone I've ever met ...

A man who makes me excited about our future, together ...

A man that I admire and adore and am so blessed to have. Even on those rare events when he drives me crazy.

A man who never complains.

Happy Father's Day, Charlie.

What more can I say this year than I did last?

You make the world a better place.


4 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have each other! I too am blessed with a great husband and father to Kyle! Wishing you all the best!
    Happy Father's Day Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Candidate for the Father of the Year Award? :) He sounds like a great Daddy. Happy Father's Day Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post!

    Good goin' Charlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is just like Charlie. The only thing better would be if I had Charlie AND my husband here. Can Charlie come stay at my house for a little while this summer????

    ReplyDelete