Saturday, July 22, 2006

Monkey on your back...

A few years ago, Charlie was hospitalized for what everyone thought was a ruptured disk in his back. Fortunately, it turned out to be a severe muscle strain which did not require surgery. Since that time ... he has religiously performed yoga and stretching exercises every morning.

The upside ... Charlie's back is stronger than it's ever been.

The downside ... I don't know how much longer Charlie's back will hold up with 80 pounds of children on it.

The backside ... something I caught a glimpse of when William slid off and trying mightily to stay on, grabbed Charlie's pajama bottoms. I was relieved to see that I'm not the only one afflicted by clothing mishaps.

These photos were taken at 8:30 this morning. Really, it's no wonder we're exhausted by noon.

It's also no wonder I write Odes to Charlie.

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! I remember doing that as a child. Wait until they are old enough to walk on his back to work the kinks out (I know they would probably love to do this right now but gravity wouldn't stand for it)! I loved climbing on my dad's back and jumping on him from the sofa to wherever he was. Oh, again, poor Charlie!

    Love the pictures! (And... are those smiley faces on his shorts?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***Never mind the smiley faces question... I can tell that they are not!***

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why everyone in the house would need a nap by noon! But what a fun way to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Charlie Go! Your kids will remember playing on dad's back that way forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get a chance to read the blog but I loved the pictures!!

    They are simply adorable!! I needed a triplet fix!

    Maybe if I click those Ruby Red Slippers ....
    Oh how Happy you must be!!

    ReplyDelete