Tuesday, February 05, 2008

i knew this would happen

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat. By afternoon, I had a temperature. When Charlie came home, I was hardly able to move. I was in bed at 6 PM. I wasn't able to fall asleep until almost midnight because the body aches and chills were so bad - even with my mattress pad heater cranked up to high. Within the past 24 hours, I have dumped an entire container of Zicam nasal gel in to my nose.

This morning, I was up at 5 AM with Henry. Unable to get back to sleep, I painfully climbed out of bed, checked my e-mail and then proceeded to reject the 20-something nice comments on my last post about Henry at seven months. Not because of any reason other than the goop that has filled my head is making blood unable to reach my brain.

Charlie, God Bless him, will be staying home today to watch the kids while I moan help me. Now that Henry is on the move, my life just got a little more complicated.

8 comments:

  1. We too have the crud. I figured the Gods came down upon us because I was on your blog singing the wonderfulness that is Zicam. BOOM. Peanut was hit with a cough and high fever (105+ - we were freaking out) and then about 12 hours later I got the cough and didn't move from bed for about 17 hours. Aches and chills. Fever broke yesterday and I thought it was all over but then the sore throat kicked in and now it is a terrible cold with fever. I think it is safe to say this is the flu. First time in 8 years that I didn't get a shot. Figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- I'm so sorry you are sick! Greg just left me today for 11 days and I'm praying that we stay healthy. Try the Umcka. Between the Zicam and Umcka, I figure I keep my body too toxic for anything to grow. My liver is proof of that!

    I just want to say that Henry is the most beautiful cutest baby I've ever seen (next to mine). I just love him! He is a DOLL! I love the picture of him stuck under the couch. That's what Amanda used to do!

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy thinks he looks like a model. Dang he is cute. So glad you are enjoying him - can't believe how big he is from a few weeks ago! Hope you are feeling better soon - God bless Charlie - all men should try to be a little more like him and the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Henry is HUGE!! I think it must be because we don't see pictures of him everyday that he all of a sudden seems enormous, but seriously. He must be big for his age too...? He is adorable. I love the fleece pjs.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the potty chairs! What wonderful toys. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! And I just went out and bought the swabs and the gel today!! haha

    Henry is adorable - he's starting to look so much like the girls. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete