Sunday, May 12, 2013

happy mothres day!

So much of the good that I have in my life comes from my own mother and the countless women who have perhaps, unknowingly, been a model for kindness, patience and grace.

DSC_0101

For as much humor as I find in cards such as this one...

DSC_0105

And this one ...

DSC_0103

DSC_0104

In the words of George Will, I know it to be true that: "We are given children to test us and make us more spiritual."  Motherhood is an enigma: It is the most thankless job I've ever had, but also the most rewarding ... it is the most exhausting experience and yet, the most energizing. Nurturing and helping to shape the future of humanity is a divine position, indeed.

DSC_0090

There's no question that becoming a mother has been the most awesome privilege of my life and the greatest impetus for me to become a better person and strive to create a better world.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

To all of those that are traveling the same blessed path.