Monday, June 25, 2012

calling all dream rangers

We all have something called an "inner voice" and we all have something called an "outer voice." Our inner voice is, not surprisingly, our innermost deepest thoughts.  Our outer voice is what we project to the world.  During my Corporate Athlete Course last week, one of the objectives was to align our inner and outer voices. For me, that was easy. The hardest part was to ensure that those voices were "speaking" the truth. 

For the past few years, there has been a lot of confusion and pressure on my spirit. Confusion over what am I supposed to be doing - and pressure because time is moving by so fast and I only have one shot at life and I don't want to wake up one day and feel like I've missed critical opportunities. As a result, the best of my energy that has been diverted in to a million (and one) different scenarios and the "truth" of my stories have been effectively covered up by excuses. For example, there are very good reasons why...

I don't take very good care of myself. 

I don't volunteer and do things for my spirit. 

I'm not a better correspondent with extended family and friends. 

I lose my patience with my husband, my children, and dog.

I'm not the best wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend I think (and know) I can be. 

What has come as a startling shock to me, is that my story is not at all unusual. In fact, my story is virtually identical to everyone else's story that I heard and read and watched.  OK, so not everyone has four small children and an over-zealous puppy, but everyone has pressures on their lives that make them feel overwhelmed.  Everyone has a history that has led them to the embrace the good (and bad) habits that they now embrace. And everyone, every single person in that room, felt like they could do better. More powerful than that - everyone knew that so long as their heart was beating and their lungs were pumping ... they could do better. 

What do people live for?  Think about yourself. Think about where you are right now and what you want to be doing with your life. Are you doing it?  What's stopping you?   Please watch this video (based upon a true story) and let it open up your heart and mind to the endless possibilities... 


While our skin, gender, religion, age, health, geography, education, familial and financial circumstances may all be different ... we're all born to dream.