Monday, January 20, 2014

charlie's mini me

Today during a delay at the airport, as I was awaiting my flight to Canada where it is currently -10 degrees below zero and tomorrow I'll need to be outside in this weather and the high is expected to be -18 degrees below zero, I decided to try and keep my mind off the imminent frostbite I'll surely endure and instead, scroll through the 2,000+ photos on my iPhone I've clicked off over the past year.   There are a lot of gems that I hope to one day share, but for day, I'm remembering a fundraising event we had attended for a local food shelter this past Fall.  It was a carnival style setup, and there was a face painter. All of the children stood in line to have their faces painted.  This sparkly butterfly really brought out the blue in Carolyn's beautiful eyes...

IMG_2034

When it was Henry's turn, he said that he wanted to look just like his Dad.

IMG_2015

He even had them add white in to the corners of his black goatee.