Wednesday, September 15, 2010

holy smokes

A few hours ago, I logged on for the first time today to my 3-Day fundraising page and I almost fell off my chair when I saw that I'm already more than halfway to my fundraising goal.

In less than 24 hours.

Does that seem amazing to you?

Because it certainly does to me!!

While one of my sisters and my mother (and my cousin-in-law!) graciously donated to me, the rest of the donations have come from the incredibly generous people that read this blog. So I just wanted to say THANK YOU for inspiring and supporting me in my quest to do this.

Honestly, for much of today, I felt a bit like a fool for even attempting to take this thing on. But when I saw the unbelievable outpouring of support, I instantly felt so incredibly jazzed.

Can we do it?

HECK, YES WE CAN!

So thank you ... Kathie, Kate, Karen, Kathleen, Kim, Jen, Linda, Maija, Jennifer, Michelle, Amanda, Wendy, Sarah, Amy, Stephanie and Nicole (you hot mama, you!), a million times over.

Also, thank you Beth and Mom and Jimbo and Karin.

You are the wind beneath my wings!

4 comments:

  1. Jen you are amazing, I was not able to give much but understand that every little bit helps. Tried to do it last night but couldn't get it to work (have dial up) that said I love your blog, althoguh don't comment often, once again dial up makes everything take a looooooong time. Rather then sending out the bracelets I would rather you just put the .44 towards your goal and try and sale the bracelets local so it doens't take away any money but gives back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You walk, you ROCK!

    I get three entries into the beanbag giveaway. But I'm going to follow the lead of that other wonderful giver who commented on yesterday's post: if I win, please donate the beanbag to a children's hospital or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's because you're awesome. And loved. And a genuinely good, generous person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to do this walk. :)

    Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete