Saturday, April 14, 2012

we'll debate this … forever

Charlie has a new favorite band … they're called "Blackberry Smoke."

He saw them on Palladia.

Tonight, once the children were tucked in to bed, he cranked up some of the new Blackberry Smoke music he'd downloaded and I immediately said, "Charlie! Since when have you been interested in country music?" and he said, "Jen, this isn't country music. This is SOUTHERN ROCK. There's a difference, sister."

Really? Because this < (hyperlink) sure sounds like country music to me.

In my opinion, once you start referencing "Two-six packs of Shiner" and "Woo!" in your lyrics it automatically falls in to the country music camp.

Then again, what do I know, considering I didn't even realize it when I'd bumped in to one of country music's most famous personalities a few years ago. I thought he was a football player.

I do like Kenny Rogers, though.

"You got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em …. Know when to walk away and know when to RUN!" has become my mantra.

If you're so inclined, I've got a poll to the left.

Blackberry Smoke = Country or Southern Rock?

We need a tie break.